BIM Engineer - DublinLocation: Dublin
BIM Engineer | Leinster
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Reporting to the BIM Lead the BIM engineer has responsibility for delivering all 3D and 2D co-ordination milestones on each project. The role of the BIM engineer is project specific and all engineers to be based on site within a BIM environment when requested. When not working on a specific project the BIM engineer will be based within their Business Unit office and report to the BIM Lead. They may need to assist with other smaller projects and produce tender information.
Key Functions of the BIM Engineer
- Support the project team with regard to all co-ordination deliverables
- Delivering all 3D and 2D deliverables set by the BIM lead
- Assisting the BIM Lead with production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Assisting the BIM Lead with 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Supporting all parties working within the BIM process
- Working within a team environment help to achieve efficient project delivery
BIM Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Production of 3D model files through Revit and where needed Fabrication Cad
- Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Ensuring that detailed model files are co-ordinated and clash free by clashing against federated model on a constant basis (every 30min)
- Taking direct instructions from BIM lead on all design issues
- Administration of Vault files
- Clash detection of submitted files
- Daily building of federated model
- Ensure all files submitted in correct format
- Attend weekly co-ordination meetings when requested
- Support all parties working within the BIM process
- Assist with clash resolutions on site
- Verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements
- Confers with project engineer and project management staff to resolve problems and explain drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary
- Production of all verified record drawings
- Site surveying & verification including point cloud scanning and total station operation
- Production of all 2D project drawings
- Updating and administrating of all co-ordination documents registers and drawings
- Assist with tenders and other drawing requirements from the business unit.
- Work within a designated project working as part of a project team
- Gain knowledge of mechanical & electrical systems with regard to 3D co-ordination
- Develop knowledge of onsite co-ordination, fabrication and construction
- Attend co-ordination meetings and develop communication skills
- Move to a BIM lead position when the opportunity arises and deemed ready by the BIM manger
Necessary requirement of the BIM Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Strong trades background coupled with a BIM qualification
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience within a BIMCo-ordination function
- Mechanical or Electrical background and have a proven track record in a similar role
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
For more information on this Project BIM Engineer/ BIM Coordinator position or other BIM Engineer / BIM Coordinator opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.