Business Support AdministratorLocation: Limerick
International Business Support Administrator (Summer Placement)
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to several ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As a Business Support Administrator coming from a construction or business background, you will join our growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team. You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for operational excellence in this area. You will aspire to lead and will deliver projects and client service that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become an engineering, people and commercial leader.
Key Functions of the International Business Support Administrator
The Business Support Administrator will provide administration and project support to the New Business team (Estimation Dept.) focusing on growing our supply chain in Europe.
- They will produce and maintain project and team documentation and co-ordinate project/tender monitoring and reporting. They will demonstrate a high degree of effective organizational, administrative and IT skills with the ability to balance a wide variety of priorities.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to show initiative and autonomy will be required together with an ability to work under pressure in a variety of situations. Previous experience of managing tender portals, writing PQQs, uploading tenders, and/or developing strong working relationships with international suppliers and vendors.
- Reviewing requisitions for materials / services on assigned projects.
- Securing quotations as required, negotiate with vendors to obtain the maximum value in terms of cost, payment terms, quality and service.
- Manage vendors and maintain good working relationships.
- Build strong inter-departmental relationships.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Work harmoniously as a member of the preconstruction team, contribute to a positive team environment.
- Support activities that generate and encourage an efficient, productive and continuously improving supply chain performance.
Business Support Administrator Responsibilities
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of the Estimation/Tendering process including the following:
- To liaise with department leads to gather relevant technical information for PQQ’s and Tenders.
- To use our extensive library of documents to gather relevant non-technical information for PQQ’s and Tenders
- To liaise with Business Unit Managers in the compilation of pre / mid / post tender presentations
- To update our database library of materials, keeping it up to date and with relevant contents
- To support the Bid Proposal Lead, Pre-Construction Manager and Business Development teams in any ad hoc duties as they arise
- Participate in identification and relationship management of various international subcontractors, vendors & suppliers within the Western & Central European regions.
Necessary requirement of the Business Support Administrator
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent analytical, problem solving, and numerical skills
- Fluent in English and Germany. Advantageous to possess French as an addition.
- IT skills including using Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within strict deadlines
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of internal processes and policies
- Experience working in a multinational / multi-cultural trading environment.
- Primary qualification in relevant area such as Business or Administration preferred however not mandatory.
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Flexible with the ability to adapt
- Decisive and action oriented
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Results driven
- Business aware
- An excellent planner and organizer
For more information on this Business Support Administrator/ Business Support Coordinator position or other similar Support / Project Administrator opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.