Civil Project Engineer - Power T&D - DublinLocation: Dublin
As a qualified and experienced Civil Engineering Professional, you will be responsible for the management, coordination and support of all the civil elements from both tender and delivery processes through to completion of works with an emphasis on safety, civil design and quality checking to service the electrical requirements.
The successful candidate will interface and work with the project team on delivery, engage with the Client’s representatives and processes, co-ordinate with the civil sub-contractor project management team on site from mobilisation through to handover and, in conjunction with the QS, the commercial management of the civil-subcontractor.
You will join our growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team.
You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for engineering excellence in this area. You will deliver projects and client service that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become an engineering, people and commercial leader.
Kirby is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a large number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The key responsibilities are to work as part of our high performance team to:
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil sub-contractors
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil sub-contractor
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the Kirby Group input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil sub-contractor
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
- Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner
- Liaise with the civil sub-contractor as required on variations and associated design / re-design works
- Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation
- Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
- Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals
You will be:
- A professionally qualified Civil Engineer
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the design of structural and civil elements of varying materials (ie concrete, steel, masonry, timber, drainage and road design) to the relevant design codes / standards and statutory information to ROI / NI / UK / EU jurisdictions.
- Experienced and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD.
You will have:
• Minimum of 5 years engineering design/project management experience
• Experience in Civil Engineering design for substations or electrical power installations
• A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget