Civils QS/Estimator T&D - LimerickLocation: Limerick
To build your professional career by being a leader in our estimating team for our growing Business. To work with and develop world class estimation and reporting methodologies. To be part of a vibrant, agile and multi-functional estimating team. To work with the best.
As Civils QS/Estimator you will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for estimation excellence in this area. You will aspire to lead and will deliver estimation services that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become a technical, people and commercial leader.
- Preparing civil costs for budgets and tenders.
- Preparing packs for issue to civils sub-contractors and evaluating quotes.
- Working with kirby Civils engineer and Electrical engineer,progressing technical queries to clients and liaising same to sub-contractors as part of the bid.
- Identifying risks and opportunties with bids and identify cost for same.
- Bid co-ordinator experience desireable to ensuring tender information including the following is desireable:
- Ensuring programmes prepared by planners are inline with co-ordinated cashed out prelims cost prepared for the bid and co-ordinating same with the operation team,.
- Ensuring technical queries and methodology is covered by the estimating team as part of bid propasal are dealt with in a transparent and professional manner.
- Preparing statistical reports on bids
- Updating and preparing win loss reports
- Attend mid tender and post tender meetings with clents.
- Experence working as a team with Electrical HV estimators, engineers civil and electrical,operation team,pre-construction team and estimating manager.
To be considered you will:
- Ideal experience in MV/HV civils QS/Estimators role with understanding of civil costs.
- Reporting directly to Estimating Manager
- Understanding of civil design implications with some experience regarding regulations associated with substations.
- A conceptual thinker
- Flexible with the ability to adapt
- Decisive and action oriented
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Results driven
- Business aware
- An excellent planner and organiser
For more information on this QS/Estimator position or other opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.