Commercial Project Controls SurveyorLocation: Limerick
Commercial Project Controls Engineer | Limerick
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of Commercial Project Controls will have you working across various areas of the organisation supporting the process map advancement for Kirby Way (internal process structure) when new developments and procedures are integrated into the live environment.
Commercial Project Controls Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Assisting Commercial Managers and Project Controls Manager when required to examine the status of projects in distress
- Monitor and report on the use of processes and procedures
- Plan daily activities around the business requirements
- Greater focus primarily on higher risk issues that may impact the business
- High personal motivation with proven ability to work on own initiative
- Be resilient when examining projects while taking an impartial view to ensuring that the Quantity Surveyors are using agreed procedures
- Analysis of the tender and validated bids to confirm that the correct budgets are presented within the Kirby ERP system
- Reviewing the frequency of forecasting to align with the Kirby Way procedures
- Probing the latest forecasts, identifying probable overspends against the submitted budgets, and challenging the Quantity Surveyor with the discoveries if required
- Confirming that the Quantity Surveyor adheres to the Kirby Way process through the Client Application submissions and that deviations are communicated to inform of the necessary remedial actions
- Assessment of Client Applications to ensure that the project preserves a positive cash position throughout its lifecycle
- Evaluation of margins for change orders and identifying possible deficits in the estimated approach
- Reviewing the variation lists to identity lack of updating by the Quantity Surveyor and providing feedback
- Assessing the status of the project specify Subcontractor contracts and reporting on open items
- Inspecting the subcontractor account to ensure that all risks are removed, and likely claims are mitigated
- Provide guidance to the Quantity Surveyor when assessing Subcontractor tenders to ensure value for money
- Validating the Risks attributed to projects are accurate and propose recommendations/strategies to reduce commercial exposure to the company
- Contribute to Kirby Way development, processes, strategies, spend v earned, forecasting, and risk analysis
- Treating project assessments with discretion
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary details from project assessments on critical deliverables
- Attention to detail when developing Trackers and Reporting templates
- Assisting with other ad-hoc duties as they arise
- Attend meetings as required
- Look for new opportunities to advance commercial procedures
Necessary requirement of the Commercial Project Controls
- Minimum 3+ years of Quantity surveying / ERP experience essential on M&E Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician/Plumber/Pipefitter (or similar) or Electrical/Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience working in a similar capacity within the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
For more information on this Commercial Project Controls position or other similar Commercial Project Controls / Project Controls Manager opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.