Document Controller - DublinLocation: Dublin
Document Controller | Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As a Document Controller coming from an engineering or building services background experience, you will join our growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team. You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for operational excellence in this area. You will aspire to lead and will deliver projects and client service that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become an engineering, people and commercial leader.
Document Controller Responsibilities
- The key responsibilities are top work as part of our high-performance team to:
- The Document Controller shall download all new project information from the projects share file system as it becomes available.
- Organize and maintain the site drawing register as new information becomes available
- Remove, stamp and file appropriately the superseded drawings as they are presented
- Update the FTP server with new information as it becomes available
- Log and tracks all outgoing RFI and design team queries
- Log and track all incoming responses for RFI
- Record and issue of site meeting minutes as required
- Log a register of all noted design changes to drawings and ensure this is kept up to date
- Ensure smooth flow of information for all site staff and relevant sub-contractors
- Update live drawings in office on drawing file stick and ensure most recent copies are always available
- Organize and maintain a specification register as new information becomes available
- Update live specifications on the server and ensure most recent copies are always available
- Hyperlink specification register to said specifications
- Organize and maintain a schedule register as new information becomes available
- Update live schedules on the server and ensure most recent copies are always available
- Hyperlink schedule register to said schedules
- Support the Project CAD team with drawings
- Create and maintain the access register
- Carry out Lighting cals design reviews, cable sizing, etc when required.
- Assist with development of commissioning Plan and implementation of same.
- Ensuring checks are completed for compliance with latest building regulations and relevant design codes.
Necessary requirement of the Document Controller
- Ideally will possess 2+ years’ experience in a similar Document Controller position coming from an engineering or building services background
- Computer skills course such as ECDL or similar
- A good understanding of MS office package
- Be familiar with inbound call handling systems
- High level of attention to detail coupled with excellent organizational skills, Prompt resolution and issuance skills and a high level of attention to details
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Flexible with the ability to adapt
- Decisive and action oriented
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Results driven
- Business aware
- An excellent planner and organizer
For more information on this Document Controller/ Site Administrator position or other similar Document Controller / Site Administrator opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.