EHS Manager | NationwideLocation: Nationwide
EHS Manager | Nationwide
- Permanent position working on projects across Ireland.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
The role requires an experienced nationally mobile EHS Manager with direct and in-depth experience in the delivery of M&E small, medium and large projects. The purpose is to provide on-site leadership, expert EHS advice, solutions and direction to EHS Advisors to deliver a safe working culture, processes, systems, and competence in all Kirby business activities in order to comply with and exceed regulatory, Kirby and customer requirements. They will also manage specific EHS projects as required by the business and lead a dedicated team of EHS Advisors across Ireland.
Key Deliverables of Role
- Provide EHS leadership and coordination, direct training matters, competency requirements both internal and external in order to comply with statutory and other requirements and also to improve project leaders’ abilities and understanding of the EHSMS.
- Be proactive in all matters concerning the role. Participate actively in the EHS Team and exert positive safety influence through all departments and projects.
- Report on business EHS risks, KPIs and trends accurately with data and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
- Coordinate all EHS Matters and report constructively all EHS matters to the Business Unit Manager and ROI EHS Manager.
- Audit the EHS Management system, ensure inspections are carried out on projects and the division to verify its implementation. Agree and prepare achievable corrective and preventive action plans towards continual improvement of the EHSMS.
- Ensure incident investigations are carried out in a thorough and professional manner to identify root causes and corrective and preventive action plans.
- Ensure that Site Plans, RAMS and other associated site documents are updated and compliant with statutory and other requirements and that they are reviewed on a continuous basis.
- Provide advice, guidance, instruction and training in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Carry out performance reviews, ensure that EHS Advisors are competent within their role and provide direction and guidance towards further professional development. Be involved in the recruitment and HR process for your team.
Essential Qualifications and Experience to successfully deliver the role
- 10 Years’ Experience in the construction industry. Knowledge of Civil works, Mechanical & Electrical preferable.
- Experience with pharmaceutical, manufacturing and working in existing client live environments.
- Experience with Construction Regulations / CDM & PSCS / PC role, and experience working with sub-contractors.
- Experience with Design legislative requirements, Lifting and Temporary Works Codes of Practice.
- Experience with Behaviour Programs application and implementation.
- Minimum Diploma to NVQ 8 in Occupational H&S.
- Safe Pass
- Full Driving License
- Training preferable- Manual Handling Instructor, Work at Height Instructor
- Ability to work with client / local authorities, utility providers, Safety and Project teams.
- Proactive in identifying positive and negative acts, ability to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- Excellent communicator, influencer and mentor.
- Up to date with Legislation, Guidance, Advice, and Compliance.
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and E-Mail
- IOSH Member
For more information on this EHS Manager position or other opportunities based in Dublin/Leinster or elsewhere within Ireland or the UK contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.