E&I / MV QA Advisor | ScotlandLocation: Glasgow
E&I/MV QA Advisor | Scotland
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The purpose of the E&I/MV QA Adviser is to provide support in Technical Training, Audit and Inspection functions on a monthly basis to our existing project teams. To provide technical advice and consultation of quality-related aspects of the Specification(s) and to meet regulatory requirements.
E&I/MV QA Advisor responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and carry out QMS Audits and follow up reports on projects.
- Committed to working to the highest possible standards and delivering results within a highly regulated (cGMP, EHS, MV) environment.
- The ability to work on own initiative is essential and in conjunction with Project Managers/Engineers to achieve the desired targets and objectives set out.
- Provide continuous QMS Training and Support.
- Complete monthly QA Inspections and reports.
- Assist in the development of project QA, IST and CTQ plans when required.
- Reporting back QA issues to M&E Quality Manager and Group Quality Manager.
- Carry out training and/or presentations on QMS for regional projects to Company Procedures and current legislation.
Necessary requirement of the E&I/MV QA Advisor
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Strong Trades background
- Medium Voltage (MV) Switchgear Trained (Cert/Qualification)
- Previous Handover/Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
- Technical knowledge and experience on Medium Voltage Switchgear (MV), systems and associated equipment.
- Technical knowledge and experience of Low Voltage Switchgear (LV) , systems and associated equipment and awareness of Civil Standards –ET101 and Eurocodes.
- Good knowledge of I&C installations
- Ability to carry out QA Audits and follow up reports on Projects
- Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Knowledge of various software platforms.
- Previous experience of quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001, Q-Mark etc
- Chemical/Pharma/Medical Devices experience/knowledge.
- Ability to understand & interpret Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Commissioning of MV and LV systems
- Compex Ex01-04 training & experience in the completion of cGDP documentation for handover.
- City & Guilds Electrical Inspection & Testing trained.
For more information on this E&I/MV QA Advisor/ E&I QA Advisor position or other MV QA Advisor / Electrical QA Advisor opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.