Electrical Project Commissioning Lead | Data Center Exp.Location: Dublin
Electrical Project Commissioning Lead – Data Center
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations.
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to several ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centers and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Project Commissioning Lead has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
Key Functions and Responsibilities of the Electrical Project Commissioning Lead
- Understand the project scope, commissioning scope and co-ordinate our commissioning activities in line with the overall commissioning strategy.
- Ability to set up equipment schedules and commissioning trackers.
- Develop online platforms for commissioning activities
- Assign commissioning checklists to equipment and monitor closeout.
- Perform QAQC walkdowns with the projects representatives.
- Co-ordinate a project commissioning team.
- Setup, monitor and issue project testing certification.
- Create lookaheads for weekly/bi-weekly Commissioning activities
- Co-ordinate vendor commissioning and start-up processes
- Generate commissioning reports for commissioning activities
- Attend off-site testing if required
- Co-ordinate and report on QAQC issues.
- Monitor and track the project issues and close out.
- To compile the turnover dossiers in the required format.
- Develop bespoke overarching project commissioning documentation.
- Report to the Project Manager and Regional Commissioning Lead on project progress and any commissioning issues.
- Good understanding of Data Center systems and controls.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Project Commissioning Lead
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred
- Ideally will possess 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ideally has electrical testing experience – Safe Electric / NICEIC or similar ‘City & Guilds’ Inspection & Testing trained and qualified
- Data Centre experience and knowledge.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements – ETCI, British Standards, EN standards is desirable.
- Understanding of the CIBSE commissioning codes.
- Familiar with MS Office, BIM360F platform and other portals for commissioning activities.
- Understanding of commissioning schedules and commissioning tracking
- Good communication skills
For more information on this Electrical Project Commissioning Lead position or other similar opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.