Electrical Project Engineer | DublinLocation: Dublin
Electrical Project Engineer | Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning ensuring that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications.
- Validate cable sizing and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals.
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Compile test pack, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval.
- Manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works.
- Undertake client training in line with agreed training plan.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Engineer
- 3rd level Qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering.
- Experience with both LV and MV systems primarily in building services and data centre environments.
- Significant Project engineering experience of 4 years+ with an Electrical Contractor
- Previous record of delivering small to medium Electrical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Commercial Awareness
- Capability of walking down electrical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
Desired competencies / special role requirements
- Data Centre exp. preferred
For more information on this Electrical Engineer/ Project Engineer position or other Electrical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.