ESTI Certified Electrical Engineer | ZurichLocation: Northern Europe
ESTI Certified Electrical Engineer | Zurich
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
An exciting opportunity for an ESTI Electrical Engineer has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
ESTI Electrical Engineer / Compliance Engineer Responsibilities
- Review documents and electrical requirements, validating the proposed design, assessing and proposing alternative solutions.
- Working with the Electrical Supply Chain to ensure compliance with the Swiss National Standards.
- Coordinate the submission and closure of all technical queries relating to the HV and LV design.
- Liaising with both the internal Client and 3rd party project teams to ensure compliance to the Swiss National Electrical Standards.
- Support technical interfaces to ensure completeness and technical compliance with specifications.
- Review Technical Submittal’s, ensuring compliance with specifications and Regulations.
- Support the ‘Receipt Verification’ of all equipment to ensure compliance with approved submittals.
- Attend FAT’s and SAT’s as required.
- Support the development of the O&M manual’s.
- Working with the QC/Cx teams to ensure adequate inspections and snagging of work takes place.
- Support the execution of protection and discrimination studies.
- Closing out projects, including providing inputs for O&M documentation and identifying key lessons learnt.
- Oversees the competence requirements of the electrical installation team. Ensures that CVs and qualifications are filed, and all relevant training is complete.
- Reviews electrical work permits.
- Organise and coordinate electrical safety training specific.
- Point of contact for all technical queries relating to National Standards.
- Ensures all current electrical standards, laws, norms, instructions etc. are available for all employees.
- Monitors/Audits the progress of the electrical installation and issues non-compliance notices where necessary.
- Notifies ‘ESTI – Federal Inspectorate for Heavy Current Installations’ for any electrical incidents.
- Point of contact for 3rd Party Notified Bodies (NOBO) for any Audits / Inspections.
Necessary requirement of the ESTI Electrical Engineer / Compliance Engineer
- Must Speak a B2 Language (German,French,Italian) including English.
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred with min 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent Understanding & Interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Excellent understanding of earthing arrangements and configurations.
- Excellent understanding of Busbar, busway systems including interlocking of secondary energy sources.
- Excellent knowledge of discrimination study application both for Short circuit/overload protection and earth/line fault currents.
- Good Knowledge of FAT/SAT reporting for all Electrical Switchgear philosophy.
- Appreciation of Switchgear forms and separations and Type Testing.
- Good Knowledge of Swiss National Electrical Regulations and ESTI requirements.
- Mission Critical project experience / knowledge.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and Communication skills.
- Commissioning experience of Electrical systems/backup systems.
- Experience working on Live systems and managing energisation / start-up of Systems.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of control philosophies and switchgear systems.
For more information on this ESTI Electrical Engineer/ESTI Compliance Engineer or other similar ESTI Electrical Engineer/ESTI Compliance Engineer opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.