Intermediate Electrical Project Engineer - Finland - DataCenter ExperienceLocation: Finland
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
Kirby Group Engineering who are one of Europe’s leading specialist Mechanical & Electrical contractors whom specialize in a number of specialist sectors including data centres, pharmaceutical, life science, industrial, power generation & commercial. Due to our continued success and growth we are now looking to appoint an experienced Electrical Engineer to support the Business in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering and construction projects and to support the project team from the earliest stages of the project.
The role of Electrical Engineer is to assist the Project Manager on electrical projects and to carry out work such as completion of O&M manuals, As-Built Drawings, RFI Schedules, Technical Submittals, Design, Procurement Register and Progress Reports. It is also expected that the Junior Electrical Project engineer will assist the electrical site manager when required.
- Alterations to working drawings.
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders and confirm delivery to site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities.
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Preparation of test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Preparation of project schedules, material take offs and out to tender schedules.
- Project Scheduling.
- Assist with the procurement of materials, equipment and services.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out lighting design calculations.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- Coordination of ‘first fix’ and ‘second fix’ electrical services.
- Assist with documentation for contract variations.
- Assist with commissioning of all systems installed.
- Ensure the adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering coupled with 4+ years contractor experience operating in a similar position
- Experience on data center projects in Europe is essential
- Microsoft Excel Knowledge
- Previous office environment experience
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
For more information on this Electrical Engineer / Electrical Project Engineer position or other Electrical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer opportunities based within Ireland, UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.