Intermediate Electrical Project Engineer - Kildare/DublinLocation: West Dublin
To build your professional career by assisting a busy department in a leading engineering company. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team. To work with the best.
The role of Electrical Project Engineer is to assist the project manager on electrical projects and to carry out work such as completion of O&M manuals, As-Built Drawings, RFI Schedules, Technical Submittals, Design, Procurement Register and Progress Reports. It is also expected that the Junior Electrical Project engineer will assist the electrical site manager when required.
- Alterations to working drawings.
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders and confirm delivery to site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities.
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Preparation of test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Preparation of project schedules, material take offs and out to tender schedules.
- Project Scheduling.
- Assist with the procurement of materials, equipment and services.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out lighting design calculations.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- Coordination of ‘first fix’ and ‘second fix’ electrical services.
- Assist with documentation for contract variations.
- Assist with commissioning of all systems installed.
- Ensure the adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
To be considered you will:
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Previous experience in an electrical trade would be advantageous.
- Minimum 2+ Years’ Experience in a similar role
- Experience on Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor, Life Sciences or Large scale data center projects in Europe is essential
- Microsoft Excel Knowledge
- Previous office environment experience
- Good communicator
- Attentive to detail and record keeper
- Team player
For more information on this Electrical Engineer position or other opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.