Junior Procurement SpecialistLocation: Limerick
Junior Procurement Specialist | Limerick
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting the Capex Procurement Manager in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Junior Procurement Specialist, you will review requisitions for materials / services, secure quotations and place orders whilstensuring that in house Process and Procedures are adhered to and contributing towards improvement of same. You will work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering quality projects, on time and to budget.
Key Functions of the Junior Procurement Specialist
- Reviewing requisitions for materials / services on assigned projects
- Securing quotations as required, negotiate with vendors to obtain the maximum value in terms of cost, payment terms, quality and service
- At all times following the procurement process whilst also being mindful of time constraints
- Perform expediting activities as requested from project teams
- Highlight risk and supply issues to project team
- Manage vendors and maintain good working relationships
- Build strong inter-departmental relationships.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Be responsible for all procurement requirements / transactions on ERP System for assigned projects
- Interface with finance regarding invoice queries relating to price / quantity discrepancies
- Support continuous improvement culture
- Work harmoniously as a member of the procurement team, contribute to a positive team environment.
- Support activities that generate and encourage an efficient, productive and continuously improving supply chain performance.
Junior Procurement Specialist Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Point of contact for the Project team for all low spend materials procurement related issues – Must escalate to Capex Procurement Manager if any issues cannot be addressed
- Secure quotations for materials as required and place orders in a timely manner
- Liaise with the project team regarding specification / quantities or special delivery requirements prior to placing orders
- Provide “site based” procurement support if requested by the Capex Procurement Manager
- Provide clear communication to the project team regarding any delivery / manufacturing delays advised by suppliers
- Work closely with the suppliers / project team to rectify and provide solutions if potential delays result in overall project schedule disruption
- Timely Escalation of risk items to Capex Procurement Manager
- Look for new opportunities to improve service to “Internal Customers”
- Perform activities from Junior Procurement Specialist Roles and Responsibility as and when required
Necessary requirement of the Junior Procurement Specialist
- 3rd Level qualification in a Purchasing/Supply Chain or related Discipline.
- Ideally the Junior Procurement Specialist will have 1+ years’ experience in a procurement role
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritise, meet deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, sound judgement and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to maintain electronic administrative and information systems.
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple requests from across several areas
- Time management essential to satisfy demands of busy schedule
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Some ERP Experience would be desirable but not a requirement as full training will be given
For more information on this Junior Procurement Specialist position or other Procurement opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.