Logistics Manager | North KildareLocation: West Dublin
Logistics Manager | North Kildare
· Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
· To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
· To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
· To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
· To work with the best.
· Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
As Logistics Manager you will be responsible for a number of construction projects across the Kirby Business Units. The Site Logistics Manager will define and coordinate all available storage areas on site, both within the building and outside of the building up to the hoarding line. Storage space is to be allocated according to the project priorities as advised and agreed with the Contractor. The booking and delivery of materials must at all times be subject to the storage space available and will be a primary function of the Site Logistics Manager. As the Site Logistics Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the coordination and implementation of the web-based booking system to ensure that material deliveries are dealt with and handled as efficiently as possible within the physical constraints of the site and access areas.
Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
· Define and coordinate all available storage areas on site.
· Allocate Storage Space according to the project priorities.
· Booking and Coordination of delivery of materials.
· Liaise with the Sub Contractors and Security Personnel to ensure effective deliveries.
· Coordinate with Sub Contractors to ensure awareness of holding area locations and develop an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times to site.
· Maintain awareness of spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant.
· Assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting.
· As the Site Logistics Manager, you will liaise closely with Security personnel to ensure effective deliveries. The Site Logistics Manager will be a key link between the Security Operatives at the site perimeter and the traffic and material movements within the site boundaries.
· You will be tasked with devising an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times while working closely with the Subcontractor
· The Site Logistics Manager will be aware of the spare capacity of the plant on site and will coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant while liaising with the Appointed Person/Crane Coordinator, the Logistics Manager and the Contractor.
· You will assist the Logistics Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting. Delivery, vertical transportation and storage actions taken from this meeting will be the responsibility of the Site Logistics Manager
Necessary Requirements of the Logistics Manager
· 3rd level qualification in an engineering or construction related field is desirable however strong trades background coupled with 3+ years’ experience in a similar role will be considered.
· Ideally you will possess 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, or some site experience
· The Site Logistics Manager is to be first aid trained
· Strong, proven leadership skills and experience of managing substantial, interdisciplinary teams
· Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities, construction technologies and jobsite management
· Experience with managing and influencing large teams, including craft in the field
· In depth practical knowledge and experience with scope definition, resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves, earned value and metrics.
· Proven track record of delivering substantial construction programmes
· Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project lifecycle
For more information on this Logistics Manager/ Site Logistics Manager position or other Logistics Manager / Site Logistics Manager opportunities based in Ireland, UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.