Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Limerick)
To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ mechanical engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects to quality, on time and to budget. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
The role of the mechanical maintenance technician is to provide mechanical maintenance services in a large Bio Pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be a time served mechanical craftsperson with a minimum of five years’ experience maintaining mechanical systems in a regulated environment.
- Planned and reactive maintenance of mechanical services plant and equipment.
- Supervision of preventative maintenance by specialist vendors.
- Attendance during commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Carry out regular safety audits on equipment and systems
- Write a standard operating procedure for equipment.
- Carry our risk assessment of tasks and equipment.
To be considered you will:
- Candidates should have a trade background in mechanical services.
- Candidates should have a proven work history in the maintenance of mechanical systems in a regulated pharmaceutical environment.
- Candidates should be familiar with working in a c GMP environment.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and correct technical issues, in an effective and timely manner, with a sense of urgency to minimize equipment downtime as a particular goal.
- Ability to determine the root cause of technical issues using proven problem solving techniques.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret technical data, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and answer queries.
- Computer Literate
- Experience with HVAC, BMS systems
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
- Decisive and action oriented
- Team player
- Attentive to detail and record keeper
- Results oriented with the resilience to work under pressure