Mechanical Project Engineer (Limerick)
To build your professional career by assisting a busy department in a leading engineering company. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team. To work with the best.
As Mechanical Project Engineer you will assist the Project Manager in completing a range of technical and administrative duties associated with a single project or multiple smaller projects. The activities associated with each project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. The following is a summary of the tasks and responsibilities you may be asked to undertake:
- Ensuring that technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Process internal procurement from equipment enquiries through requisitioning & monitoring manufacture through to delivery to site whilst maintaining a comprehensive audit trail.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements & all aspects relating to Health & Safety on site.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Monitor & record progress on site against the construction programme
- Ensure that the Health & Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures are followed & adequate records maintained.
- Develop the project specific quality plan.
- Work with the project manager & project teams to review & manage the project from inception to handover.
- Undertake regular meetings with the supply chain to maintain progress & to ensure resources are matched to the construction programme
- To liaise with the project manager & prepare the project close out report
- Review with the project manager the allocation of resources & to review progress.
- Review & ensure that the site based personnel have the correct training & valid certification for the project.
- Contribute to assessment reviews of Kirby Group personnel on site.
- Motivate the team on site.
- Develop a strong & maintain an excellent working relationship from the start to the completion of the project.
- To act as an ambassador with any stakeholders involved with the project
- Deliver what has been promised to the client on the time safely & to the highest quality.
To be considered you will:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Excel
- Previous office environment experience
- Good communicator
- Attentive to detail and record keeper
- Team player