Mechanical Quantity Surveyor (Limerick)
To manage the Mechanical quantity surveying functions for various contracts and to ensure the maximum commercial benefit for the company.
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 5+ years of Quantity surveying / Mechanical Engineering experience essential.
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Site experience essential
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
- Minimum Degree in Quantity Surveying or Mechanical Engineering.
Behavior & Attitude
- A positive “ can do” approach determined to succeed generates a sense of energy and urgency
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
- Remains calm under pressure
- An exemplar for the company values
- Sound, balanced judgment
- Demanding of self and others
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement