Project BIM Lead - EuropeLocation: Finland
Project BIM Lead | Finland
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Reporting to the BIM Manager the BIM Lead has overall responsibility for delivering all 3D and 2D co-ordination milestones within their given business unit. The role of the BIM Lead is that of a point of contact between the BIM team and operations. When not working on a specific project the BIM Lead will be based within their Business Unit office. Their role is to ensure direct line of communication between BIM and other organisational functions within the business unit.
Key Functions of the BIM Lead
- Support the project team with regard to all co-ordination deliverables
- Work closely with Project managers and site supervisors
- Delivering all 3D and 2D deliverables set by the BIM ManagerPM
- Supporting all parties working within the BIM process
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to reporting team members
- Drive team towards providing efficiencies on projects through the application of technology
Project BIM Lead Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Point of contact for all BIM and co-ordination needs within their business unit
- Technical support to the BIM engineers
- Point of contact for BIM Manager with regard to project updates
- Point of contact for site management team
- Ensuring BIM engineer carries out all relevant duties
- Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Production of 3D model files through Revit and where needed Fabrication Cad
- Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Ensuring that detailed model files are co-ordinated and clash free by clashing against federated model on a constant basis (every 30min)
- Administration of Vault files
- Clash detection of submitted files
- Daily building of federated model
- Ensure all files submitted in correct format
- Attend weekly co-ordination meetings
- Support all parties working within the BIM process
- Assist with clash resolutions on site
- Verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements
- Confers with project engineer and project management staff to resolve problems and explain drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary
- Production of all verified record drawings
- Production of all 2D project drawings
- Updating and administrating of all co-ordination documents registers and drawings
- Provide BIM manager with post project lessons learned
- Help other team members develop their own BIM skills.
- Attend site project meetings aiding the construction process and acting as an adviser to the site management with regard to co-ordination solutions.
- Develop design knowledge with regard to Mechanical & Electrical systems allowing for value engineering and detailed co-ordination
- Fully develop as a project co-ordinator driving efficiency’s on site through detailed co-ordination, value engineering and offsite fabrication.
- Aid the BIM Manager with regard to reports, trackers & team Management developing the required skills to move to a management role.
Necessary requirement of the Project BIM Lead
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Strong trades background coupled with a BIM qualification
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience within a BIMCo-ordination function
- Mechanical or Electrical background and have a proven track record in a similar role
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
For more information on this Project BIM Lead/ BIM Lead position or other BIM Lead / BIM Coordinator opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.