QA Support/ Continuous Improvement Engineer
To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
Due to the rapid increase in the volume of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires/ Tender Returns requiring Quality documentation input, coupled with the creation of new Quality documents and forms e.g Fire, Civil, Commissioning, Instrumentation, Atex,etc, Kirby require a QA Support/ Continuous Improvement Engineer.
- Provide Technical M&E updating and maintaining of regulatory systems to ensure our Management System is effective and efficient
- Provide continuous Quality Training support – to projects and Internal Functional Departments
- Complete bi-annual Quality Internal Audits (per Dept.)
- Update and Develop Quality Test Pack and Handover documentation
- Carry out research on new Quality Initiatives / Projects and develop research/implementation packs for effective roll-out
- Ensure updated Standards / Regulations are maintained within the Standards Library within our intranet, for each discipline
- Review / Monitor Civil Installation works being completed on T&D projects for compliance to BCAR 2014 and Civil Eurocodes regulations and standards
To be considered you will:
- Electrical / Mechanical / Civil Engineering and/or Quality Assurance (QA) qualification (Degree or Diploma)
- Strong Research and Investigative Knowledge and experience
- Continuous Improvement (CI) implementation and experience
- QA/ Regulatory/ Compliance Experience
- Previous Handover and Quality Delivery and investigative experience
- Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt certified / experienced
- Internal or Lead Auditor qualified
- Excellent at structured Report writing skills and Presentation skills
- Speed Reading Skills – as multiple documentation to be read and understood for synopsis for reports/peer review
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates