Quality Control Engineer (Transmission & Distribution Division)Location: Nationwide
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The purpose of the Quality Control Engineer within our T&D Division is to provide support in Technical Training, Audit and Inspection functions on a monthly basis to our existing project teams. To provide technical advice and consultation of quality-related aspects of the Specification(s) and to meet regulatory requirements.
T&D Quality Control Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out and report on project quality audits for compliance with workmanship standards, procedures and process flowcharts.
- Facilitate quality training including induction and refresher training.
- Focussed auditing on key quality topics as defined from time to time.
- Liaise with QA Advisor in the development and maintenance of the QMS. Confirm fitness for purpose of QMS processes and procedures in relation to T&D work – propose amendments where necessary.
- Creation of Quality Plans for projects.
- Coordination and delivery of quality toolbox talks and other communications (e.g. Quality Alerts).
- Audit application of ESSW, LOTO and HV Safety Rules on site.
- Audit project file index system online and on site.
- Develop, with Operations and Senior Management, Critical to Quality (CTQ) documentation to minimise the risk to business arising from defined critical activities.
- Co-ordinate and manage operations, engineering and procurement reviews of non-conformances (NCRs) to close out and report internally.
- Where relevant, review technical submittals / calibration certificates on file.
- Participate in FATs and SATs, where applicable.
- Report on and review defects / punch-lists across projects, reporting on close-out performance and identifying emerging trends.
- Support on CompEx (Atex) requirements, per project.
- Input into ITPs (Inspection & Test Plans), to ensure quality standards are met.
- Review manufacturing recommendations and advise operations, engineering functions as required.
- Assist in ‘early catch’ for incorrect material purchase/installation therefore reducing the risk of potential reworks and additional costs.
- Support Lessons Learnt process.
Necessary requirement of the T&D Quality Control Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Strong Trades background
- RECI / NICEIC certification for LV testing i.e. < 1,000Va.c. (ET101 & BS7671) is desirable.
- Experience completing and reporting on Quality Audits
- Previous Handover/Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
- Technical knowledge and experience on Medium Voltage Switchgear (MV), systems and associated equipment is critical to this role
- Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Knowledge of various software platforms.
- Previous experience of quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001, Q-Mark etc
- Ability to understand & interpret Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
For more information on this Quality Control Engineer position within our T&D Division or other opportunities with Kirby Group Engineering based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.