Quantity Surveyor -Intermediate - DublinLocation: Dublin
Electrical Quantity Surveyor
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue-chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance-focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
The role of Electrical Quantity Surveyor will have you working across various contracts ensuring the maximum commercial benefit for the company and will entail a cradle to grave delivery from tender stage through to final accounts and all-encompassing duties in between.
Electrical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Procurement of Sub Contractor & Supplier Packages
- Creation of Client Progress Applications
- Measurement and Valuations
- Variation Measurement, Valuation & Control
- Interrogating the design.
- Cost Monitoring and Control
- Managing Sub- Contractor & Major Supplier Accounts
- Assisting in Client Account Management
- Reporting and Interfacing with Commercial Team
- Participating in Value Engineering Workshops
- Reporting Experience
- Create Cashflow Projections
- Assisting in Contract Administration
- Track record in the successful delivery of pre and post contract M&E cost management services
- Negotiating Final Accounts
- Client focused attitude and approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum 2+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Experience working on electrical value projects in-excess of €4million within the data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial or commercial sectors.
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
For more information on this Electrical Quantity Surveyor/ M&E Quantity Surveyor position or other Quantity Surveyor / MEP Quantity Surveyor opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.