Quantity Surveyor (UK)
To build your career by assisting in the delivery of the quantity surveying function in a ‘leading edge’ engineering company. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team. To manage the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
Kirby Group Engineering are looking to take on board a highly competent and skilled Quantity Surveyor to be based from our UK site in Worthing. The QS will be responsible for the management of the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims. Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
- Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorisation, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalisation of these accounts. Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved. Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
To be considered you will:
- Minimum HNC Building Services Surveying, desirable would be a BSc QS
- 3+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management within construction
- Detailed knowledge of Quantity Surveying role
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
- Effective planner who efficiently manages to assist in the resolving of any issues that will be encountered.
- Understanding of how to work with staff who are not computer experts and patience in doing this is a must!
- Good Team Player