Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor - DublinLocation: Dublin
Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor | Dublin (ideally with an Electrician/Electrical Eng. Background)
- Permanent position in the Dublin/Leinster Business unit
- Considerable portfolio of works within Data Centre, Pharma, Industrial & Commercial sectors
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
Kirby Group Engineering is presently seeking interest for an experience Electrical biased Quantity Surveyor (ideally with an Electrician / Electrical Engineering background) to be based in the Dublin/Leinster Business unit on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity, working with one of the largest specialist mechanical & electrical construction companies in the Dublin/Leinster region.
The role of Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor will have you working across various contracts ensuring the maximum commercial benefit for the company and will entail a cradle to grave delivery from tender stage through to final accounts and all-encompassing duties in between.
Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- As a member of the commercial team, the Electrical Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with administering the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- The Electrical Quantity Surveyor will be capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Minimum 4+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Experience working on electrical value projects in-excess of €4million within the data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial or commercial sectors.
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
For more information on this Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor/ M&E Quantity Surveyor position or other Electrical Quantity Surveyor / Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor opportunities based in Dublin/Leinster or elsewhere within Ireland or the UK contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.