T&D Project ManagerLocation: UK
To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ T&D projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for a number of projects across the Kirby T&D business unit. The project manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of T&D Projects. The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes so that the Kirby Group vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing and managing the overall Kirby Integrated Project Execution Plan
- Developing, implementing and managing the project Quality Plan.
- Developing, implementing and managing the project Schedule / Program in line with project budgets.
- Developing, implementing and managing the project Safety Plan.
- Managing Technical Submittal and RFI process in accordance with project program
- Monitor our progress and the progress of others in accordance with the agreed project schedule and issuing necessary notifications where required.
- Progress reporting against Safety, Quality, Schedule and cost objectives.
- Management of the co-ordination of T&D Services in line with other Trade Contractors.
- Building Client relationships.
- Feeding back business ‘leads’ for future projects, phases, possibilities to Business Development.
- Organising and chairing as required internal and external meetings.
- Liaising with all sides of the Project Team and directly with the Customer.
- Project cost control and agreed profit margin delivery.
- Material, plant and equipment procurement in accordance with project schedule and project Budgets.
- Managing in-direct and direct labour in accordance with project program and budgets.
- Sub-contractor procurement and management in accordance with project program and project and budgets.
- Managing Testing and Commissioning schedule to achieve agreed target.
- Managing O&M production in accordance with project program.
- Building a strong and cohesive team, and identifying future ‘stars’.
- Review & Manage contract documentation and asses for onerous clauses and conditions.
- At least 6 years project management experience with a main or T&D Contractor
- Electrical Trade or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience in subtations is essential
- Professional Acumen – Represent Kirby’s at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Strong IT skills – Ability to deliver presentations, reports etc.
- Experience at managing a multiple disciplined Project Team.
- Must be willing to travel, between Glasgow and the greater London area.
- A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency.
- Able to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
- A Positive solution focused mindset