T&D QA/QC Engineer
To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
Due to the increase in the number of T&D projects recently secured, Kirby require a T&D QA/QC Engineer to provide support in Technical Training, Audit and Inspection functions on a weekly or bi-monthly basis to our existing project teams.
- Provide Technical Medium Voltage (MV) & Low Voltage (LV) Electrical Support (Consultative) i.e ET 103 regulations
- Provide continuous Quality Training Support
- Complete monthly Quality Inspections and Audits
- Complete Quality Inspections and review Quality Handover documentation
- Close-out project issues/ investigations / queries (as they arise / relate to Quality Deficiencies)
- Ensure Project personnel are adhering to Client Specifications, Drawings and Requirements for successful project handover
- Review / Monitor Civil Installation works being completed on T&D projects for compliance to BCAR 2014 & Civil Eurocodes
To be considered you will:
- Electrical Senior Trade or Engineering Qualification (Degree or Diploma)
- Medium Voltage (MV) Switchgear trained (certification/qualification)
- Previous Handover / Factory Acceptance Testing & Equipment Walkdown Experience
- Technical Knowledge and Experience of Medium Voltage Switchgear and associated Equipment
- Technical Knowledge and Experience of Low Voltage systems and awareness of Civil Standards – ET101 and Eurocodes
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates