T&D Tendering EngineerLocation: Dublin
Electrical Tendering Engineer
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
In the capacity of Electrical Tendering Engineer, you will be assisting in the estimating and tendering process of ‘leading edge’ T&D projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering tenders on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your skills and capabilities. To work with the best. As a qualified and experienced Electrical Engineering Professional, you will be responsible for carrying out pre-design and engineering activities, support the estimator’s team, compilation of technical submissions, tender Programmes and procurement of equipment.
The successful candidate will interface and work with the tendering team, engineering team, engage with the project team, Client’s representatives and processes, co-ordinate with the civil project management as well as the commercial management team. You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for engineering excellence in this area. You will be involved in the delivery of projects and client service that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become an engineering, people and commercial leader.
Electrical Tendering Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Be the technical lead on tendering opportunities for the T&D department
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project
- Work with the tendering, engineering, construction and commercial team in order to prepare tender documents a value proposition to Clients
- Liaise and coordinate with sub-contractors and sub-consultants on technical and commercial issues in preparation of an offering for a Client
- Actively engage with the supply chain in order to establish the most cost effective and innovate solutions in order to offer to the Client, including reviewing offerings from suppliers to ensure technical compliance
- Attend and lead tender handover meetings
- Prepare an outline design based on Employer Requirements, including electrical drawings and single line diagrams
- Co-ordinate the interfaces between electrical and civil engineering in conjunction with the civil engineering team
- Review and understand project design specifications, identifying and quantifying associated project risks
- Manage the interface with the Client during the tender and post-tender stage, including the clarification process
- Compilation and assessment of technical submittals and the tender return
- Work with the Estimator on the commercial proposal associated with the offering
- Ensure the correct application and compliance with relevant business procedures; highlighting any non-compliance observed
- Conduct periodic review of work practices; identifying efficiencies, increasing productivity and reducing risk accordingly
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Tendering Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering or suitable relevant experience in the industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related or relevant field
- Professional Acumen – Represent Kirby’s at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner
- Strong IT skills – Ability to deliver presentations, reports etc.
- Experience at managing a multiple disciplined and number of tenders
- A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency
- Able to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- A Positive solution focused mind-set
- Flexible to travel
For more information on this Electrical Tendering Engineer/ Electrical Tendering Coordinator position or other Electrical Tendering Engineer / Mechanical Tendering Engineer opportunities based in Ireland the UK or Europe contact Kirby Group Talent Acquisitions Team confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.