Tester /QALocation: West Dublin
- Permanent position available with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
About Kirby Group Engineering
Kirby Group Engineering is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, Kirby has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
An exciting opportunity for an ‘Authorised Person – Electrical’ has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from Kirby’s Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
Authorised Person Responsibilities
- Engages from early in the project with the SAP with regard to the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Structured mentoring / Workshops with the testing & commissioning technicians in line with an agreed Commissioning plan with the SAP.
- Ensures all Workplace personnel are aware of and are complying with the Electrical Safe Systems of Work.
- Issues and controls Permits for all Energised working activities under scope of work and as outlined by the SAP.
- Attend daily testing & commissioning meetings as required.
- To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project specific requirements.
- Follow Strict Operational Procedures and Adhere to Electrical Safety Rules.
- Interpretation of basic electrical protection under fault conditions.
- Manage Safety documents and lock out/tag out procedures and philosophies.
- Carry out review of Switchgear Distribution Topology and Controls prior to start-up.
- Attend Project daily white board progress / Look ahead meetings.
- Support / liaise with specialist Testing & Commissioning contractors to carry out early reviews and agree commissioning sequences and test scripts.
- Liaise with Control System providers (Scada/BMS/EMS etc.) in the development of the system handover under permit control schedule and protocols.
- Support initial start-up and energization of equipment following the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work plan for LV Systems.
- Witness and coordinate specific tests and ensure all documentation is complete as per regulations and project specifications.
- Ensure all pre- and post-energisation testing & commissioning tagging activities are witnessed by required parties and signed off as accepted.
- Identifying and ensuring all the correct test equipment is available and calibrated for use.
Necessary requirement of the Authorised Person
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role within an electrical contracting environment
- Relevant experience in Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects.
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Experience with an M&E contractor in an Energy Marshall Role.
- Database / MS SharePoint experience, other database software.
- Experience of working on LV/MV systems. ‘Authorised Person’ experience.
- Electrical Testing & Verification with min 3 years’ experience.
- Construction experience / understanding required. Safety experience.
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Excellent Understanding & Interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Excellent understanding of earthing arrangements and configurations.
- Excellent understanding of Busbar, busway systems including interlocking of secondary energy sources.
- Excellent knowledge of discrimination study application both for Short circuit/overload protection and earth/line fault currents.
- Good Knowledge of FAT/SAT reporting for all Electrical Switchgear philosophy.
- Appreciation of Switchgear forms and separations and Type Testing.
- Good Knowledge of National Electrical Regulations
- Good Knowledge of control systems – Scada/BMS/EMS etc.
- Good Knowledge of narrating switching plans.
- Ability to Carry out switching and Isolating of Low/Medium Voltage Systems.
- Mission Critical project experience / knowledge.
- Ability to integrate with specialist contractors for energisation of partial systems.
- Commissioning experience of Electrical systems/backup systems.
- Experience working on Live systems and managing energisation / start-up of Systems.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of control philosophies and switchgear systems.
For more information on this Authorised Person/AP position or other similar Authorised Person/AP opportunities based in Ireland, the UK or Europe contact the Talent Acquisition Team in Kirby Group confidentially on +353 (0)1 454 0411 or apply in confidence.